In response to the change in compliance standards for CE marking of industrial control transformers as required by IEC/EN guidelines, Micron has introduced new GlobalTRAN models in compliance with EN61558-2. This new IEC/EN standard replaces the previous IEC/EN 60742 standard for control power transformers that expired on December 31, 2003. The Micron design engineering department has produced 61558-2 compliant designs that permit the customer to retain mounting layouts used for the previous Micron 60742 designs.
GlobalTRAN® products carry the CE mark, certifying 100% compliance with requirements of EN61558
for Non-Short Circuit Proof Isolating Transformers. GlobalTRAN control transformers feature touch-proof
terminals, utilizing either Micron's SafeTouch terminal covers or a touch-proof terminal block, and meet
true IP-20 or IP-00 terminal protection ratings as defined by IEC-529.
GlobalTRAN is the most reliable and versatile control transformer in the industry today.
- Carries the CE mark
- 20-year warranty, double the industry standard
- Epoxy encapsulated coils for cooler, safer operation
- SafeTouch terminals for additional safety
- Optional integral primary and/or secondary fusing
- 10-32 screw terminals, molded terminal barriers
- Molded-in terminals and phil-slot screws